This website is a personal blog written and edited by Anna Ter-Saakov. For questions about it, please email [email protected].
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. We abide by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, we always give honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Owner: Anna Ter-Saakov
Contact email: [email protected]
INFORMATION COLLECTION, PURPOSE AND USE
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, and usage data.
We may use your personal information to:
- Reply to your comments or questions;
- Give you user support
- Measure ads on site
- Protect, investigate and discourage illegal and non-authorized activities
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Interact with external social networks and platforms
- Allow registration and authentication
- Allow access to third party services’ accounts
- Monitor infrastructure
- Manage hosting and backend infrastructure
- Display content from external platforms
- Carry out commercial affiliation
- Interact with support and feedback platforms
- Manage user database
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
Cookies are text files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier.
Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s or tablet device’s or mobile device’s part of the hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to recognize, collect, and/or track information about, and relevant to, your usage of the site.
These cookies are known as “first-party cookies”. We may also recognize, collect, and/or track information through cookies set by third parties. These cookies are known as “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies are used to perform tasks related to advertising, and analytics, and to enable interactive features such as sharing or commenting. Some third parties collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the user.
The information that our first-party cookies or third-party cookies recognize, collect, and/or track may include information about your devices, browsing actions, and patterns, such as among others, the type of computer you use, your internet service provider, your browser type, your location, your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages viewed, your traffic pattern through the site.
WHAT COOKIES WE USE
We use the following categories of cookies on the site:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies collect information about your use of the site, such as for instance, browsing actions, and patterns, the date and time of your visit, the pages viewed, your traffic pattern through the site.
Through the collection of this information, we are able to monitor and analyze web traffic to the site. User behaviors may be recognized, collected, and/or tracked.
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze web traffic to the site. Google utilizes the data recognized, collected, and/or tracked on the site to prepare reports on traffic activities.
This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address.
Google may use the information recognized, collected, and/or tracked to personalize the ads of its advertising network and may share the information recognized, collected, and/or tracked with other services.
These cookies allow the site to save information and details such as your username to optimize your experience on the site and provide personal features.
Social media cookies and pixels
These cookies allow you to share your activity on the site on social media such as Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, or other external platforms directly from the site.
Cookies may still be recognized, collected, and/or tracked on the pages where buttons, widgets, or other applications are installed, even when you do not actively use it.
The interaction and information recognized, collected, and/or tracked through the site are always subject to your privacy settings for each social network and external platform.
Social media pixels
Facebook pixel connects the activity performed on the site with the Facebook advertising network, including Instagram and Audience ads.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies record your browsing actions and patterns on the site, such as among others, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. The information recognized, collected, and/or tracked by these cookies is used to make our site and the advertising displayed by way of links or banners on the site more relevant to your interests. For the same purpose, this information may also be shared with third parties.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
Strictly necessary cookies may not be rejected since they are essential to enable you to browse the site and use its features.
Should you reject cookies, you will still be able to use the site although certain features and functionalities may not be available to you and/or certain areas may be restricted.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of cookies by this site.
You can find information about how to manage cookies in the most commonly used browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer) on the website of the browser of choice.
LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- Provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
- Personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
- We may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- We may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data will be deleted and some of your rights (i.e. the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability) cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users (such as, for example, MailChimp), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Mailchimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
We use She Media to provide personalization and analytic services on this website.
Affiliate Program Participation – The website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
This site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.
As part of this Amazon Associates program, the website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Newsletters – On the website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Fully complying with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and the Brazilian General Data Protection Act (LGPD in Portuguese) users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at [email protected]
We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within 10 days.
IDENTITY AND AGE REQUIREMENTS
We agree to users visiting our site anonymously.
For the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
The site is intended for individuals who are 18 years of age or older.
By visiting and using the site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements.
We do not specifically market to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use the site or provide any information on the site, including your name, screen name, username, address, telephone number, email address, and payment details.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, or enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of their personal information.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.